Monday, August 31, 2009

Autumn is Falling

I absolutely adore the "back to school" season but there is one key thing missing in my life this year: school. I honestly love and look forward to the start of a new semester and going to class but it's time to be a big girl and I will cope with this loss by falling back on my autumn comforts. Comforts are classics and though this time will be marked by growth I'm glad to have them.
First and foremost are my Standard Fall Tunes- As summer winds down I can't help but relish in my greasy girl ways and tune in to some Mazzy Star, Garbage etc. Then as Halloween approaches I'm ready for my annual Nirvana, and Smashing Pumpkins kicks (holiday decor reference not relevant). And as the temperature lowers even more I indulge on the daily in some Billie Holiday. Needless to say, for me, fall sounds like the grungier times in countries history, primarily the 90's, and if you can't understand why I'm sorry for you.
Second is the Back-To-School Clothes- Since I work an unpaid job, have loans to pay very soon, and recently moved back in with Dad the shopping will be kept to a minimum this year. But that didn't stop me from impulse buying these amazing shoes an hour ago whilst online "window shopping". Along with the buying of new clothes is the wearing of garments that cover my arms and legs. Two weeks ago I would have shrieked at the thought of a sweater but snuggling up in some warm rags sounds oh-so-choice right now.
Third would be getting back into Routine-This summer was amazingly erratic. I didn't spend more than 2 weeks in one place and it felt so good. I strutted around Spain (pictures to come), drove to Miami, worked in New York, and played in Philadelphia. But to settle back in one place and get my daily process underway will feel good. It's all about balance and what I need now is equal amounts of work, play, healthy living, and creativity.
With that said I'm starting to feel a little better about no longer being a student. I'm going to continue my education on my own anyway and as an end-of-post-gift (they're very common, really) I leave you this classic clip:

No comments:

Post a Comment